When I switched from Windows PC to a Mac, I found out how reliable & stable the Mac is and I never faced the problems I used to have when I was a Windows user. But simultaneously, I miss many features and capabilities of Windows. If you are someone who is looking to buy a machine but is not sure whether to buy a PC or a Mac, this post might help you.
Benefits of Mac:
- It has a Terminal. This is a must for developers.
- Keyboard shortcuts are consistent across apps.
- No bloatware included out of the box.
- Apple's ecosystem has useful handoff features.
- Apple silicon Macs rarely need a reboot.
- Latest Macbooks are silent & cooler with no fan noise.
- MacOS is more secure, reliable and has more privacy.
- Chances of getting a virus are very low.
- If you already have iPhone / iPad, buying a Mac makes sense.
- Apple's customer support is top-notch.
- There is only 1 system settings app but Windows users have to deal with 2 (control panel and settings)
- Apple doesn't force you to update MacOS as often as Windows.
- Screen capturing & recording is better than Windows out of the box.
- Apple doesn't change the UI or features quite often. This is a good thing.
- Mac's Keyboard and Trackpad are way better than Windows laptops.
- There is no Legacy apps vs Modern apps drama like on Windows. All Mac apps are up to date with only one variant to use.
- Macbooks have much better battery life than Windows laptops.
Benefits of Windows:
- PCs are the best for gaming. Period.
- Cheaper laptop options are available.
- You can build your own with your budget.
- Windows OS can be customised to your liking.
- Windows has more app selection than MacOS.
- File explorer and window management is better than MacOS.
- Microsoft Office suite works better on PC than on Mac.
- External monitor support is much better than Mac.
- You can configure a super high-end Windows PC for the same price as an entry-level Mac.
- Many keyboard & mouse options with RGB are available for PC.
- You can easily upgrade components like RAM, Hard drive and even processor.
- The system repair cost is relatively lower than Mac.
- Touch screen is supported.
Which one suits best for you in 2023 for your use case?
Did I miss mentioning any other point?
Let me know in the comments 👇